Are you feeling it is too unorganized and difficult to manage the team and get in collaboration with your team? Are you missing a sync between the team members and finding the work overloaded on a single person?
The TEAMBOOK comes with a solution for your problems. Teambook makes your teamwork run smoothly whether it is planning and managing the team, making bookings for company events, or maintaining and updating your profile or your account settings.
First, let us understand what a team is and why teamwork is important.
What is a Team? Can any Group of People be Defined as a Team?
A team is often referred to as a group of individuals collaboratively working together on achieving a common goal. The team normally consists of members having complementary skills and generates collaboration between the members in a coordinated manner that allows each member of the team to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.
“A team grows when its individuals grow.”
When companies are facing issues, they often restructure into teams. The formation of teams is more appropriate for tasks that are difficult, complex, and important. These types of skills are often beyond the limitations and capabilities of a single individual.
The proper implementation of teams is positively related to both the member’s satisfaction and the increased effectiveness of a team.
Teamwork can be analytically and interpersonally demanding and dependent. Even if the team consists of talented individuals, they must have to learn how to coordinate their actions and develop functional and interpersonal interactions.
It is undoubted that a proper team and teamwork leads to the success and progress of numerous organizations around the world. Even if the individual employee is talented, experienced, or skilled, the organization may fail without proper coordination and teamwork.
The Ways to Promote TeamWork:
Listed below are some inventive ways to promote teamwork in your Organization.
- By Encouraging Open Communication
For achieving the goals of the company or a team, one should have to encourage each team member to speak openly, share ideas, make suggestions and voice their opinions across all aspects of the business. The communication should be towards both superiors and peers.
- By Clearly Assigning the Roles and Responsibilities for Each Individual
Every team member should have a clear knowledge about their roles and responsibilities within a team. This will reduce the confusion or time spent organizing and delegating work so individuals can simply focus on their task at hand.
- Stop Micromanaging Everythings
There should be regular meetings between the supervisors and teams, either may be weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. Have properly scheduled timing. Don’t micromanage the meetings. It means don’t schedule the meetings at once. Give some time, space, and independence to produce the work on their own without feeling like they are always being watched or judged.
- Start Team Traditions
Organize some traditions which help in bringing people together and establish a sense
of unified culture and oneness.
Effective teams influence strong working relationships which in turn promotes better results.
Benefits of Teamwork:
- Brings fresh ideas to the table
- Promotes and manages reduction of risks
- Appreciation from the team makes people achieve extra miles.
Now let us see how Teambook simplifies your Team Collaboration.
What is Teambook?
TeamBook is a Project Resource Planning Software. It was started in 2012 to ease the collaboration with your team members. TeamBook helps you in upgrading the planning of your team consultancy and giving them assurance about their presence is utilized effectively with our just drag and drop software.
Are you interested to know about Our Story, Our Missions, Your Challenges, and Our Solutions?
Teambook is the tool that levels up your project management process. It gives a clear picture of your consultant’s workload and sees who is available and who is not, in the snap of a finger. It maps your team’s skills and optimizes the utilization of your employees.
Say Goodbye to Guesswork, Overworked Consultants, and Get the Best of Your People Talents.
TeamBook is a collaboration tool for teams that are built to make your teamwork run as smoothly as possible, see who is working on what in real-time measure, your team’s performance and keep you updated about your business.
With Teambook, you are able to map your team skills, and this way you can optimize the work of your people.
Do you want to know about a Demo of Teambook? Follow the link below:
“Be a Superstar of Planning with TeamBook”
Teambook gives you a great power to manage your team in the quickest way and helps you to get a clear vision about who is doing what, evaluate your team’s performance, and get updated about your teamwork.
Teambook acts as an Effective Planner:
Teambook’s planner board gives you an easy-to-see overview of your company’s activities such as who is performing which task, who is available, and who is off, displaying bookings from 2 weeks to 3 months in order to navigate with the past, present, and future bookings. It uses tags to track the skills of your team members and with clear infographics.
Teambook helps you with Fast Booking and Updates
It helps in booking a single or multiple at once according to your budget and also helps to find the ideal requirements for the job by using tags and filters. In case you are not sure of the things like when the work is going to happen, you can simply set the booking as tentative and you can confirm them later. Teambook makes the planning standard an easier way: by bulk updating or just by drag and drop your booking which is stress-free.
TeamBook gives you Powerful Analysis
It helps to keep an eye on your key performance indicator (KPI) with a complete set of metrics. Whether it is availability, utilization, or productivity, Teambook gives you the power not only to see them but also to refine them using filters. You will never miss the information or the data that you need, whether it is Billable, Non-Billable or Time-Off over a period of time.
Teambook Helps you with Better Communication
Teambook is embedded with advanced communication features and fuses them with your favorite tools to assure everyone -from your team to your clients- to stay connected.
Each member of your team will get a personal homepage that displays the exact info that they need.
Your team members will receive a daily notification about the changes, and also their weekly schedule once a week.
Teambook users can check their planning with the calendar and work accordingly.
It keeps your client updated by sharing them with a link that is purely dedicated to their project planning.
TeamBook is as safe and secured as a Swiss Bank:
TeamBook cares for your data and provides all the latest security features.
It constantly monitors all network systems, so that we can get an alert of an issue before it becomes a major problem.
As many companies rely on TeamBook, we regularly keep it updated.
All you need is just a browser and an internet connection. No need for installation or downloading software.
All TeamBook plans use SSL and sensitive data is encrypted in our database.
It is Connected and Integrated
TeamBook is linked with various tools that you use in running your business. Your time tracking can be done with the Harvest, your bookings can be synced with your calendar, Zapier can be used to integrate 300+ web services and you can use our API to connect with your own application.
Why Use TeamBook:
If you are a painter, an artist, or a musician, you may or may not need a team. But for the companies in order to be successful, we need to have a proper team. If your company is small, then single or few teams are enough to complete the work. But it becomes difficult for multinational companies to manage multiple branches, offices, departments, and teams that have spread all across the globe. For such companies, Teambook plays a key role in managing teams.
A team as explained earlier is a set of users that can be planned in an orderly way, by the dedicated planner or a project manager.
Teambook is very useful for such organizations that have many competitors across various regions.
Teambook also gives you flexibility in handling multiple teams, with required holidays or for leisure events booking.
Even if you are a part of several teams, the teambook ensures you that your booking is not duplicated and it is set in such a way that your booking will appear as a shaded portion to the other planning board of the different team.
Here is a link on Introduction of Teambook:
How To Use Teambook:
Using Teambook for Teams
- If you are creating a Teambook account, a box named Sample Team is automatically generated which will be the same as your account’s name. You can rename it by using the menu bar on your planner board.
- If you want to create multiple teams, you can simply create a new team(s) using the new team menu on your planner board.
Once a new team is created, you can even add members to the team.
The Teambook also enables you to report specifications on a given team, a group, or all of the team members.
1.Steps to Add Members to the Team:
You have two options to add your team members to Teambook:
- You can enter each of the Team/s in User Panel while creating the User, by selecting the corresponding team/s in the drop-down menu as shown below:
- Go to User and Select Create User option
- The table with New User Option will be displayed
- Select Teams box, a dropdown option will be shown
- Then you Select that Team and Add the members
- Lastly, click on Create User.
- You can add the corresponding user/s directly from the planning section:
- Go to the Planning Section in your Teambook
- Select a Team in which you would like to add a member
- At the bottom corner of the User’s list, click on the Add User Icon
- In the new pop-up, Select the User that you want to add.
- The board will get refreshed and the New User will be then added. You can even move any user up or down the list, by using drag and drop arrows.
2. How to remove members from the Team?
If you want to remove any member from a Team,
- Click on the “3 dots” next to each user on the planner board
- Simply select “Remove User.”
Keep these things in mind:
- Removing the user from a specific team will not impact the other teams that the person may be a part of.
- You need not necessarily delete this user’s booking. The booking of that user will be automatically deleted when you remove him/her from the Team.
- You can even deactivate any user also and that user will be automatically removed from all existing teams she/ he belongs to.
3. Follow these steps to deactivate a particular user:
- Go to the User Section
- Find and select the user that you want to deactivate from the Team.
- Click on the Deactivate User icon.
Important: The user ones deactivated will no longer be able to connect to your Teambook.
4. Reactivating the User:
If you want to reactivate any user, follow these steps.
- Go to the Users Section
- Click on the Deactivated Users
- Find the user you would like to reactivate
- Click on the Reactivate icon
5. How to Delete a Team:
Oops! Have you created a team just accidentally? No need to worry at all. You can delete that by using these simple steps.
- Go to the Planner Section
- Click on the Team Box
- Check for the Team that you just created in the Manage Teams box
- Click on the Delete icon next to the team that you want to delete
- Click Close
Keep in mind:
- While you delete a Team, the system does not check whether any members are associated with the team or not.
- Even if you delete this Team it will not affect any of its members as they are not associated with this new non-existing Team.
Caution: The system is not going to check if any bookings have been posted on this team – and it will be simply deleted and cannot be retrieved.
Until now we have read various steps related to managing the team, now let us learn about how to create and manage user accounts.
How Users can Use Teambook:
1. Steps of Creating User:
- Click on Create User option, in the Users Section
- Enter the First and Last Name of a New User
- Enter the eMail Address. It is optional. But if you choose to give then it must be unique for each user on the account.
- Choose the Proper Time Zone. If you forgot to mention the Time Zone, then it is set to default Time Zone, as defined in the Account Settings by the Account Owner, defined for the New User.
- Billable: By default, all users are set as Billable. Users such as Sales People who are not part of a billable account should be set as Non-Billable, as not to impact the Productivity and Utilization metrics.
- Choose the Role of your users. Follow this method
- Click on Save Changes
An email invitation will be received by the new users, to let them know the process of signing in for the Teambook and also for creating a password for their account.
2. To know User’s Role and Permission:
The permissions are handled according to the role assigned to its users in Teambook.
Each of its users is assigned a unique role.
There are 5 different roles in Teambook:
Namely, contractors, regular users, self planners, planners, and administrators.
The role of a contractor is restricted only for connecting with you on projects and not considered to be a part of employees of your company.
A Contractor can have the following Accesses:
- Can Access the My Week section.
- Can Access the Team Board(s) that they belong to, and see their own bookings in read-only mode. They cannot be able to see the bookings from other users or projects.
- Can access only their Profile page if they want to modify or add any personal
- Can subscribe and sync their bookings with their favorite calendar client (iCal, Outlook, Google).
- But they don’t have access to Reporting, Projects, and Users Sections.
b. Regular or Default Users:
Any user added to the Teambook can start as a regular user.
A regular user can have access to the following:
- Can have Access to My Week Section.
- Can Access the Team Board(s) that they belong to, in read-only mode. They can view all bookings from all users and projects.
- Can access their respective Profile page to modify and add any personal details.
- Can subscribe and sync their bookings with their favorite calendar client (iCal, Outlook, Google).
- He is not allowed to access the sections of Reporting, Projects, and Users.
The Users with Self-Planner role have the following abilities:
- They can edit, move and delete the bookings according to their own plans.
- They can have access to the My Week Section.
- They can access their Profile page to modify their personal details.
- They can Subscribe and Sync their bookings according to their favorite calendar client (iCal, Outlook, and Google).
- The users don’t have access to bookings from other users and projects and also they can’t access Reporting, Projects, and Users Sections.
The role of Self-Planner is used in organizations, where the users are requested for their own planning, either partially or fully and the project managers or the planners can view their availability time slots.
These users will have the confidential access and ability to:
- Add, edit, move and delete any bookings.
- They can create new Teams and even edit the Teams.
- Can create and edit the Clients and Projects.
- They can even Create and Edit Users
- They can hand out the roles to the Users.
- They have the Access to Direct links of the Client and Project and they can even copy the same.
- They have the privilege to access the Reporting Section.
- Meanwhile, they are not allowed to access the Account Section.
The Administrator can perform all the actions mentioned for other roles. In addition, they
can even access and manage the Account Settings.
The Admins can perform the following tasks:
- Can edit the Account Information
- Can select the Subscription Plan
- They can establish the billing settings
- Delete the Account
It is to be noted that only Planners and Admin have the permission to create and edit their users and can even assign the roles to the other users.
3. Methods on Managing Tags:
Tags are an optional way of associating keywords to users that can improve searchability.
Follow the below-mentioned steps for the editing and deleting of the tags:
- Go to the Users Section
- Click on Manage Tags
- Then you can edit, delete an existing tag or create a new tag using New Tag Button.
- By default, Tags will be set in alphabetical order but you can sort them by user account also by simply clicking on Users.
Note that deleting a tag will remove it from associated users and once removed it can’t be undone. So please take account of that point, before deleting any tag.
4. Steps for Tagging Users:
Tags make the searching easier. You can assign one or more tags to each user.
The common use of tags includes associating the users by skills, experience, geographical
locations, job titles, and many other criteria.
Consultant, Remote, etc. you can categorize your Team based on such criteria.
With Teambook, your users can be easily filtered by such tags, which help planners to find
the right resources depending upon their skills, experience, and any other criteria you have
associated with the tags.
Methods to add a Tag to a User:
- Go to Users and select the User that you like to edit
- Click on Edit
- Under the Tags option, mark or remove any tag as you wish.
- Click Update User.
5. How to Handle Part-Time Employees:
There are some employees who can’t manage to work full-time for your Company and you can access them with the agreed part-time schedule in the User edit panel.
- Go to the User section, select the User and choose the “Schedule” tab.
In the following example, the user has opted to work for regular hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, but he is available to work for half day on Wednesday and is not at all available on Friday. The planner board will show correspondingly the number of hours this user is available.
Alternatively, this setting can also be performed by the concerned user in his/her User’s Profile. To do so, click on the User’s name on the top right corner and then select the Profile.
The daily working parameters can be then updated in the Schedule section.
If the workers have irregular working times, you may book their unavailability by booking their slots as time-off.
Let’s take for example if some user is unavailable on certain Tuesdays, you can simply create a Project “ Not Available” and book the dates as per that user schedule. If possible, you can also make use of Recurring Bookings.
- Guidelines for Importing users:
Instead of creating an User manually, you may also import the user details by using an Excel File.
How to get your user’s data from excel to your Teambook?
- Go to the User section
- Click on the “3 dots” button on the left of Manage Tags
3. Click on Upload users
4. Click on Download Excel
5. In the downloaded excel file edit the sample data with your user’s data
6. Copy the cells of the users that you want to import
7. Paste that data on the Pop-up screen displayed and click on Upload
Make sure that mandatory data such as First name, Last Name, and Email should be mentioned in the file, and you don’t change the column’s order.
7. Guidelines for Exporting Users:
In order to export the users, go to the User section and then select the “3 dots” button, then
simply click on Export Users. It will be created in an Xls file including all the project details.
8. Steps for Deactivating Users:
The deactivating of a user will mean that he/she cannot further be connected to your
Follow the link
Steps to be followed for Setting Your Account:
- How to Edit the Account Settings:
This feature is only available to users with the “Admin” role.
Steps for editing the account details.
- Click on your Name which is at the top right corner
- Click on the Account Settings
You can update the following info in the “ General Information” tab.
- Account Name: you can change here the name of your Teambook account
- Default Time Zone: you can change your system time zone. The new user created will inherit the zone that you have set, unless updated in their profile, and changing the timezone will not be affecting their account.
- Default Booking Hours: this is used to define the default duration while creating a new booking.
- The first day of the week: you may select the first day of the week either Sunday or Monday. The planner board will show the selected day as a first column, provided that you do not hide the weekends
- Formatting Date: You can choose a day format between the US or European date display as Standard.
- Language: you can change the system language for every newly created user and the existing user may update their language in their profile setting.
The other tabs are mentioned in their respective sections: Time-Off, Schedule, Subscription, and Integration.
- How to Manage Daily Working Hours?
Each company has its own scheduled working hours for the day: many countries will be working 8 hours a day and some countries may choose to work for 7.5 hours. Some companies may also have different daily working times during the week, like Friday afternoon will be considered as non-working hours.
Teambook gives you the option to set the standard daily working business hours of your company: and it may be different for each day of the week.
The ways to set the regular daily working schedule of your company:
1. Click on your name at the top right corner
2. Select the account setting and click on it
3. Select the Schedule section
4. You may find the number of workable hours fields for each day and also for weekend
5. Click on update to save your changes.
The statistical data available in the Reporting section will be calculated based on this and overtime work will appear after the working hours are reached.
- How to choose a Subscription Plan
On the Subscription Plan, you can manage the following things:
- Find the info about your current plans such as the number of active projects, date of next billing, and the end date of your next billing.
- Change your present plan.
It is to be noted that only active Projects are considered and not archived ones.
Are you reaching the end of your free trial and ready to pick a plan? Do you want to
upgrade or change your current plan? Go through the steps as mentioned below:
- Click on your name at the top right corner
- Click on the Account Setting option
- Go to the Subscription Plans tab
- Choose your New Plan
- Click on the Select button
If you are out of the trial version plan, a few more tips are here related to your billing info.
Beginning from now until you cancel your account, you will be charged the same amount every month. You can upgrade or downgrade your plans whenever you want, on a monthly basis.
The plans will be based on the active projects number and after reaching a limit, simply ask your account owner to upgrade to the next plan. Also, you can even archive some of your projects to free up some slots.
You will be receiving the invoice receipt in your email for every month for all the transactions and the same can be accessed online.
4. Guidelines on Billing Information and Payment Method:
You can have access to the billing information page if you are playing the role of account admin.
The methods to follow are:
- Click on your name located at the top corner of your Teambook
- Click on Account Settings
- Go to the Subscription pack section
- Click on the Change Payment Method option.
Point to be noted: for security purposes, only the last 4 digits of your credit card will be displayed in Teambook and it also does not keep a track of your card details.
5. How Can You Access Your Invoices?
If you want to have a previous invoice, they are already in your list on your Account Settings
Page. To check the same go through:
- Click on your name at the top right corner
- Open the Account Setting option and go to the Subscriptions tab
The feature is only available for Admin roles and others can’t access the same.
6. Points on Deleting Your Account:
Only the Account Admin person can delete your Teambook account. And no other users or employees will be having that facility and deleting your Teambook account means cancellation of your subscription and none of the account users will be further able to access Teambook.
Here are the steps to delete your teambook account:
- As before, click on your name at the top right corner
- Go to Account Settings
- Go to the Delete account folder
- Click on the Delete My Account option
- A warning message will ask for your prompt to confirm the closing of the account.
Note that: All the data will get deleted and there is no undo option once you delete your account.
Steps to Create My Profile:
- Updating your profile
You can access your profile and also edit it from the “My Profile” page.
Here are the methods
- Click on your Name which is at the top right corner
- Select the Profile to:
- Uploading your profile photo
- Copy your calendar URL to sync with your personal calendar
- Update your personal information
- Change your language setting
- Revise your personal schedule if it differs from your company say you are working part-time
- Change your password
Please keep in mind: never forget to click on Update under each section where you have done with new changes.
2. Changing your Password
- Click on your Name, at the top right corner.
- Select your Profile
- Choose the Change Password tab and it will enable you to change your password
- Select the password of your choice and then confirm it.
3. My Week:
To access this menu:
- Click on your Name placed at the top right corner
- The My Week screen will appear showing all the planned current bookings
- It will be updated in real-time and any changes done in the planner board will get reflected
- You may use a calendar sync to reflect the booking into your own device too.
How Reporting can be done:
- Dashboard and Reporting
- The Dashboard section allows you to select different time horizons either for a month or for a quarter.
- By default, the system will show you the present month or a year, but you can change this data in the Select option
Firstly, the dashboard displays some key metrics graphs showing an overview of your team’s performance for the selected time period.
In order to know how your team’s performance is and where it is heading, you must look into the graph of Productivity-Utilization-Availability.
Below is the dashboard showing you the top 5 indicators that are more important.
Lastly, the Export button enables you to download your bookings to an Excel file; the button enables your reporting leads to a synthetic report showing hours planned on resources and projects.
2. Productivity, Utilization, and Availability Metrics
The Productivity, Utilization, Time Off, and Availability metrics are the important key factors to measure your company’s monthly performance and billing efficiency.
In the Reporting section, you can have access to the graph containing these key metrics, tooltips that will be appearing while drifting over each KPI, explaining their main definitions.
You must note that while reporting totals, by default all Teams are available in the account, and you need to manually filter on a particular Team.
You can even refine the metrics by using the filter to check the performance for a single user or for a specified group by using tags.
How to calculate these metrics?
Teambook Calculations uses the following standards:
- Firstly, we only select users designated as “billable” in their profiles. The non-billable account users are not taken into consideration during calculation as your overall performance may be lower than reality.
- Nextly, we use working hours defined in account settings to establish Monthly Available Working Hours for each eligible user.
- Then, we remove the week-offs (Saturday and Sunday usually) and other hours booked for time-off projects. Thus we will be having “ Bookable Hours” as the base for every metric.
Productivity: it is the percentage of the bookable hours that are having the booked working hours. If your productivity rate is 95%, it means 95% of your workable hours are really booked. The target is to be always 100% to ensure that no one is lagging behind.
Time Off: it is the percentage of Bookable Hours booked on Projects. These hours are planned and may represent up to 10-15% of your Team’s total available time, with some overworking time and some work done during holidays.
Utilizations: it is the percentage of the bookable hours that has the booked billable hours. If your utilization rate is 75% then it means, 75% of your Bookable hours are booked for the billable projects that your customers are going to pay for.
Availability: It is the percentage of Bookable hours that have no work hours booked. In simple words, it is the overall free working time available. Here as compared to the Productivity metric, the objective is to be 0%.
How Teambook helps to Share your Projects:
- Sharing the Project Resource Plan:
Keep your clients or customers informed about the progress of their project by sharing with them the direct link containing their project details and progress.
This link will display the members working on the client’s/ customer’s project and the bookings related to the same. By this, the customer comes to know when your team is working on their project and when they are on-site or off-site.
These are the ways to communicate about the project link that displays bookings related to a specific project:
- Go to the Projects Section
- Choose the Project you want to share
- Click on the Calendar icon
- The URL will automatically get copied to the clipboard
- Send that URL link to your Client’s email, slack, or any other media you use to communicate.
What isIntegrations and Add Ons?
- Synchronize your Calendar:
If you want your bookings to be reflected in your own calendar, you can, by all means, use a Teambook subscription. It will automatically connect your personal calendar with Teambook’s Booking.
Teambook is supported with the following calendars or any other calendar supporting iCalendar feeds will also support the syncing with Teambook
- Google calendar
- Mac OS X Calendar/iCal
- Recent versions of Microsoft Outlook
- iOS (iPhone/iPad) Calendar
Keynote: The calendar feed is read-only. The changes that are done with any non-supported calendars, those changes will not be depicted/saved in Teambook. If you edit a calendar date in Teambook, the 3rd party calendar will be updated, but the frequency differs depending on the calendar you use. Check below for the same.
Note: If the Booking starts at 8 AM and, in case of multiple bookings in a given day, will be stacked along the day. (Teambook does not know about your lunch hours).
To subscribe to your personal calendar,
- Go to your Profile which is located below your Name in the top right corner.
- The calendar icon appears next to your name, which allows you to copy a subscription URL
- Paste it into your own Clipboard.
- Then you have to enter this URL into your calendar application
- Google calendar
- Go to your Google calendar
- Go to the other calendars option on the bottom left-hand side
- In the drop-down, click Add by URL
- Paste the copied URL
- Click Add Calendar
It is important to note that: Google refreshes subscribed calendars, but the frequency of how often they get refreshed cannot be configured, and also it is non-predictable. It can be synced once every 24 hours.
- Mac OS X Calendar:
- Go to your Mac Calendar
- In the Menu bar, Click File, New Calendar Subscription
- Paste the copied URL
- Click Subscribe
Mac Calendar proposes an option to define how often the data has to be refreshed.
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar:
- Go to your Outlook Calendar
- Click File in Account Settings
- On the Internet Calendars tab, click New
- Paste URL
- In the Folder Name box, type the Name of the Calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, then Click OK
- iOS (iPhone/iPad) Calendar:
To subscribe to a calendar through your mobile device, give it a click.
2. Subscribing to Teambook with iOS
There are 3 ways of subscribing to Teambook by using iOS and thus syncing your calendar:
- Google Calendar Users:
Are you already using the Google Calendar Subscription on your desktop? In order to make sure you can also see the subscription on your iOS device, you must include your subscription in the Google sync.
For some security purposes, Google will not provide you with sync preferences from your calendar.
You need to follow these steps to sync your subscription:
- Click on the link https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
- This will lead you to Google Calendar Sync Settings
- Select the subscribed Teambook Calendar
This activates the sync with your iOS device by default, once you have selected Teambook, synchronization shall become active. In order to cross-check, just go to your calendar on your iOS device, and click on Calendars on the bottom of your screen. You will see your Teambook feed URL. there will be a red checkmark next to Teambook if the sync is active.
- Mac Calendar Users:
It will be automatically available on your iOS device, if you have already subscribed to Teambook with your Mac Calendar Subscription, provided that you use iCloud as a location of your subscription.
To check whether iCloud is active:
- Go to your Calendar
- On the calendar you have subscribed, right-click and select Get Info.
- Make sure that the selection is set to iCloud
- If it is not, select iCloud in the dropdown menu, and click ok to save changes
- Direct Subscription in your iOS Device:
If you are not using any of the above methods you are not using iCloud or you just want a direct subscription with your iOS device, go as directed.
- First, make sure that you send the URL to your iOS by email or message
- From your iOS device, go to Settings
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Select Add Account under the Account section
- Select the Other option, at the bottom of the page.
- Select Add Subscribed Calendar under the Calendar section and paste the Teambook feed URL
- Click on the Next option
- Choose desired settings if needed and then click Save.
3. Teambook API
We provide you with a useful API that allows you to work with Teambook for your own applications. Methods are used in coordination with HTTP ( to get the post and delete), resources are identified using URIs and all requests will return to JSON- serialized objects. Teambook has provided sample responses for each method described in our dedicated API documentation.
How Teambook helps in maintaining Projects and Clients
- Creating and Editing Projects:
Only the planners and administrators can have the access to create, import, edit, archive, and duplicate projects.
- Creating a project: it permits you in booking users to it and also tracks the assigned budget.
- Go to the Projects section
- Click on Create Project
- Enter the project name and give a code to identify the project.
- Choose some color to the Project which will be displayed on the Planner board that will be helpful in distinguishing the projects.
- Select the client associated with the project using the dropdown menu. This step is optional.
- Select the Project Type (whether it is billable or non-billable): which is useful in calculating the different KPIs
- If you are having a time budget, enter it in hours. You can use it for tracking the project budget vs the booked hours
- You can enter the Beginning (Start) Date and Completed (End)Date of the project which is completely optional
- You can enter the notes of your project and this step is an optional one.
- Click on the Create Project, your Project is now listed in the Project list
As an alternative step, you can import Projects – a very useful way to create many projects in a single shot.
- To edit a Project:
- Select the Project from the Project list
- Click on the Edit Project option at the bottom of the right-side panel
- Follow the other steps same as above.
2. Project Types:
While creating a Project, there are options for two types of projects that you can choose from:
- Billable: you can select this type of project that you can bill to your customers or to another organization of your company.
- Non-Billable: you can select this type of project for internal initiatives that cannot be billed to/by other companies, for instance, activities like sales, pre-sales, meetings, internal training, etc.
In terms of KPI reporting, please make it a point that the “Productivity” KPI considers bookings on both billable and non-billable projects, the “Utilization” KPI just focuses on Billable Projects.
Regarding “Time Off” projects, keep a note that these projects are useful to book “time-off” slots. This will help you to represent your team’s vacation time, days off, sickness, etc. Such projects are handled through the “Account Setting” menu, which can be accessed through your profile in the right-hand top corner.
When Selecting the Time-Off as your project type, you can notice that the icons are displayed instead of the colors. This helps you to instantly distinguish the time-off projects from the others.
3. Creating and editing Clients:
Only Planners and Administrators can create and edit Clients.
- To create/edit a Client:
- Go to the Project section
- Click on Manage Client
On the new pop-up screen, you may now:
- Enter a New Client or simply Edit an existing client
- For each client, you may enter a Name and, optionally a Mail and/or Phone Number
- Click on Save
The newly created client will be available on the drop-down menu for all your newly created projects, you may edit existing projects to add the corresponding client.
4. Duplicating Projects:
Duplicating a project is a better way in order to create quickly a new project based on
present project data.
Follow these methods to duplicate a project:
- Go to the Projects section
- Mark on the projects list, the project you wish to duplicate
- When it appears on the right-side panel, click on the Duplicate icon
- This will create a new project copy, with all the same data as the source project, bar the name prefixed now with a (1)
- You may mark this project so that it appears in the right-hand panel so that you can edit it and click Save Changes
Important: Booked hours on the “source project” are NOT duplicated on the newly created project.
5. Importing Projects:
You can import projects from an Excel file, as an alternative to the manual creation of Projects. Importing files becomes easier if you want to create many projects at a time.
- Go to the option Projects
- There is a 3 dot button to the left of the Manage Clients option, click on that and select Upload Projects.
- Now click on the Download Excel
- Edit the Excel sheet with your Project details. Keep the format of the sample data as the basis, and you may delete it later. You don’t have to change the column’s order.
- Copy the cells of the project you want to import
- Paste the data on the pop-up screen where it shows irrespective of the layout and now click on Import.
It is necessary that all the mandatory info such as Project Name, Project Type have to be on the top list of the file, and you can enter the other optional pieces of information too.
The Clients name may be entered in the XLS file and have to be created manually or else handing over the projects to the clients will become difficult.
6. Exporting Projects:
Follow the steps:
- Go to the Projects section, select the 3 dots button
- Click on the Export Projects
- It will create an XLS file containing all your Project data.
7. Archiving Projects
If you completed a project and if you don’t need it any longer and don’t have to do bookings
on that, you may simply archive the project.
The methods to archive a Project:
- Go to the Projects
- Find the Project that you wish to archive
- Click on the Archive icon located at the bottom right corner.
You can reactivate an archived project anytime. Go to the Projecta, check the “ Archived” list and click on the Activate icon.
Note: the active projects are only considered in the subscription plans.
How Bookings are done with Teambook:
- Creating Bookings:
Planners and Administrators have the ability to create the bookings for their team members on the projects from the Planner section
- Go to Planning section
- Click on the date where you want to create a new event, provided the day has left with some free time. You can also select multiple days in a single time for bulk bookings.
For example: Multiple cell selection
- In the New booking slot, select the Project and complete the booking details
- Tentative: if the booking is not still confirmed then select this option
- Location: Select Office/ On Client Site/ Home Office: select as required
- Duration: define the duration of your bookings
- Start-time: enter the starting time of your booking
- Repeat: select this option if you want your booking to be repeated. Note the particular instructions about the recurring/repeated bookings.
- Booking description: you can add any details that can help the assigned member to get a better knowledge of their assignment related to this booking.
- Click save
2. Updating and Deleting a Booking:
Updating the existing booking cans be done by Planners to reflect changes in a project or
according to their required rescheduling.
You can take advantage of the drag and drop feature, provided by us for the quick and easy rescheduling of a booking, and also you can allocate it to other team members as well.
As an alternate, if you want to change a particular option for a given booking go through the following measures:
- Click on the booking cell that you want to edit
- The Edit panel appears on the right-hand side of your Planner board
- Modify the required option such as an office or on client site or home office, tentative, duration,start-time, altering the project, notes
- Click on Save button
It is to be noted that you can edit numerous bookings in a single time by just simply marking them one after the other. The booking panel notifies you that the several bookings have been selected. These bookings are considered as bulk booking.
If for any reason your booking has been canceled, you can simply delete that booking by clicking on the “delete” option at the bottom of the Edit panel.
3. Navigating Around:
The planning board provides you with an overview of all bookings for your team when they are working and on what. It allows you to quickly have a glance at when the resource is available.
There are 3 different views offered by the interactive board, namely 2 weeks, 4 weeks, and 3 months that gives you a timeline with past, present, and future bookings options.
You can use the planning arrows, shown below, to navigate in the planner.
If you are a Mac user, you can use a trackpad and if you are using a desktop, you can use arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate between the weeks within the 2 to 4 weeks views and the 3 months view can only be navigated by using the arrows.
Use the date picker to go to a particular date.
Click on “Today” to come back to the current date.
4. Control Bar: to Copy Booking, Undo Action..
The planner bar contains a very useful control bar, that enables Planners and Admins to reach out to the common features of bookings easily and quickly. This bar appears at the bottom of the planner view, irrespective of the time frame, 2 weeks, 4 weeks or 3 months Views.
Moving over the bar darkens the color to make its icons more visible.
The features available in the control bar are as follows:
- Copy booking: just click on the icon and this feature gets activated. You may then choose single or multiple bookings by marking them. Once done, position your mouse pointer on the target date and user’s combination and click “Finish”. The booking/s and all information will be automatically copied.
- Revert Action: clicking this icon will revert you back to the previous action performed. You may click up to 3 times on the icon, which will reverse your 3 previous recent actions.
- Team Selector: you may use this option to switch between any other teams if your company is having multiple teams.
- View Switcher: this time rule allows you to toggle from the 2 weeks, 4 weeks or 3 months views option.
- Settings: it leads you to switch between the weekend hide or unhide option.
5. Filtering Bookings:
This filter allows you to filter your projects by many aspects: Projects, clients, users, tags,
and also the advanced criterias such as billable, non billable, confirmed bookings etc. You can also add keywords to the filters to combine many filters.
The steps to do so are:
- At the top-left corner of the Team Planning Board, you will have the filter box icon. Click on that.
- In order to refine the filter, mention search by keywords and select the filter criterias. If you want to add another filter click again on the filter option, open it and add another search.
6. Recurring bookings:
This option is available only when you want to make a single cell of the Planner screen.
Repeat booking panel will be displayed when you want to edit or create a new booking for the
same project. Select that option.
After you select this option it leads to a menu where you can specify the type of repetition.
After that, you can set up the frequency and duration of the booking that is to be repeated, either by setting the end date or the number of repeated times, in the following screen.
Click the “Save” button to save your updates or bookings and Cancel to undo the bookings.
To be noted: the repeated bookings will be considered as group bookings and when you are modifying them, it will be prompted “only this booking” or “all of them.”
7. Time-Off Bookings
These are to be handled carefully because-
- They will be appearing differently in your planner board
- They impact the calculation of KPI like Productivity and Utilization.
In order to create Time-Off planning, Planners and Admins have to select the New Tab in the Booking Panel Section.
- Go to Planning
- Click the date where you want to create a new event
- In the New Booking section, Select the Time-Off tab, then choose a proper time-off project from the dropdown menu
Rest of the booking details will be similar to regular bookings and always make a note of it when you want to use recurring booking options.
- Click on the save booking option
As your Companion, Teambook comes with some predefined, usual Time-off lists like, leave,
public holidays, weeks off, illness, training, etc. you can also create new ones or change or
delete these options in the account profile settings:
The companies will be having their own working time, or a company schedules, and
employees will have their own personalized schedules. The Teambook will not stop planners on
planning of some extra hours and this extra time work is considered as overscheduling and it is displayed by a red icon at the bottom of the daily booking, that indicates the number of hours worked exceeding the regular hours.
This situation arises when the bookings created exceed the number of hours available for the day.
As an alternative , if a day is completely filled up with bookings and not showing any free space to enter for the new booking, you can create an extra booking by clicking on the row just below the mentioned day. A pop-up screen will appear and you can add a new booking and can edit the existing ones for the same day.
9. Booking the whole team
It will be necessary to plan some events for the whole team or a major part of the team.
Teambook allows you to book for such an event. For an instance, booking for a company
event, a public holiday, a team meeting, or a training.
- With any Planning screen, maybe 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or 3 months views, simply click on the top of the day column
- It will mark the whole column for each of its users that appears on the planning screen.
- A booking panel will open up on the right side of the screen.
- Select whatever project or time-off is applicable for that and specify the rest of the fields.
By default, the duration of the slot will be set to the standard company schedules, later you can change these slot values.
Press on the Create option to save the bookings for all the users appearing on the list.
Facts to be considered:
- Created bookings will also be added to any existing bookings. In such cases, an overscheduling situation will appear for the impacted users.
- The created bookings can be altered separately for each user. If you want to handle them one at a time, like to edit a comment, you may click on each of the individual bookings.
- You can also use filters to select a specific member and assign this bulk booking. Filtering on tags is very useful for this purpose.
10. Booking Official Holidays
Booking of official holidays are time-consuming since it requires choosing the day for each of
the team member.
It will be a big headache, right? No worries, Teambook has the solution.
- With Teambook, you can simply click on the very top corner of the day column in your Team board
- Then, just select the time-off project related to Official Holidays and Save.
For companies with multiple Teams, you might get irritated by the fact that you don’t wish to book the Holiday for shared users who are not working in your country.
One of the solutions is to define a dedicated tag for your country team and then refine the filter using this tag so that only users of your country will be booked for the holiday
The multiple selection obtained by clicking on the head of the column is applicable for any type of booking, either a company event or a project that concerns every employee filtered in the Planner Board.
11. Exporting a booking:
You can export the booking data from the Dashboard section
- Select Export, Choose the date range and if you want, use some other parameters to control the booking you want to export. It may be based on user/s, project/s, billable/non-billable bookings.
- Click on the download button to export the required data and create an Xls file.
In Summarization With:
Teambook is a real-time visual planning web Application for the one who needs to manage their team planning. It is basically used in service organizations, such as marketing and ad agencies, IT companies, and many consultancy firms. It helps in strategic team and project planning and also to book a team on projects depending on the available hours and individual skills to deliver a successful project to its clients. It provides the info regarding upcoming activities which will be synced automatically on almost every calendar. It also helps in your resource planning, about the user’s working schedule and project.
Presently this is available in English, German and French, but more languages will be getting added to it soon.
The language is set in the account setting option and you can change it at the user’s profile.
If you need any help the support team can guide you in English, Spanish, German, and French.
Teambook supports the current and previous versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer.
I have tried to cover almost all the features and how to use Teambook and I have a detailed review article here. If you still have other concerns please don’t hesitate to comment with your queries and I will try my best to revert back.